1. Barley: Good in fever, while use in a soup form.
2. Dates: The Prophet (PBUH) said that a house without dates has no food. It should also be eaten at the time of childbirth.
3. Figs: It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.
4. Grapes: The Prophet (PBUH) was very fond of grapes – it purifies the blood, provides vigour and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.
5. Honey: Considered the best remedy for diarrhoea when mixed in hot water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm; as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye soother and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water.
6. Watermelon: The Prophet (PBUH) said: ‘None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring that is good in countenance and good in character.’
7. Milk: The Prophet (PBUH) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.
8. Mushroom: The Prophet (PBUH) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes; it also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.
9. Olive Oil: Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach.
10. Pomegranate: The Prophet (PBUH) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.
11. Vinegar: A food Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to eat with olive oil. That’s now a fashion in elite Italian Restaurants.
12. Water: The Prophet (PBUH) said the best drink in this world is water; when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver.